How to give a makeover to houseplants
DIY Typography Plant Pot
Every element in the house is an opportunity to revamp. Why not start with easy-peasy plant pots? Everyone has a bit of green in their homes. All we need to do is colour up the pots and add a dash of our grey cells to make them plant-astic.
We’ve rounded up amazing ways to remodel your pots. Here’s how.
You will need:
- A Plant – We chose the splendid Begonia.
- White Paint
- Sand Paper
- Small linen cloth
Before the makeover
- Sand out the plastic pot in uneven strokes.
- When it looks weathered, take up some paint and do it up all over. You may choose to give gentle vertical strokes to not look too polished.
- Let it dry for about half an hour.
- In the meanwhile, take a piece of linen (we chose it because it is thick and has a wonderful texture)
- Write a word that you relate to. We chose ‘believe’. How about ‘Live’, ‘Inspire’, ‘Hope’ or the like? If you want to go funny, you could choose ‘Sleep’, ‘Smack’ or even ‘drunk’? Let your imagination run wild.
- Write down the word on a piece of linen or a thick cloth with a marker and stick it with glue to the pot.
- Voila! Your pot-of-glory is all decked up and ready to be praised.
Leave a comment