Sleep habits of famous entrepreneurs
There are some who are termed as the ‘Sleepless Elite’, those with the Thatcher Gene, a genetic mutation that causes them to require less sleep. Successful entrepreneurs are often seen to have peculiar sleep habits. Here’s decoding some:
The less than usual sleepers
- Chrysler Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne who gets up at 3:30 am.
- Indra Nooyi, Pepsico CEO sleeps around 4-5 hours a night.
- Richard Branson goes to bed around 12 am and wakes up between 5-6 am.
The 7-hour sleepers
- Ellen Degeneres – Ellen, the popular American comedian and tv show host and actress goes to sleep around 11pm and wakes up around 7am, giving her a total of 8 hours sleep each night.
- Rand Fishkin – Founder of the very popular MOZ, a Saas company (1 am – 9 am)
- Tim Cook follows in the foot steps of Steve Jobs. He sleeps at 9:30 pm and wakes up at 4:30 am, giving him a total of 7 hours of sleep.
- Jeff Bezos goes to bed around 10pm and wakes up around 5am, giving him a total of 7 hours sleep per night. Jeff Bezos is a strict propagator of time with the family and of a healthy sleep routine. He maintains that he likes to spend his mornings eating breakfast with family.
- Mark Zuckerberg too is a propagator of 7 hours of sleep.
- Elon musk also adheres to a 7 hour routine.
Maintaining your body routine
It is important to note that each of us is wired differently. Skipping on the most important 7-8 hours of your day will most likely have you suffer in other activities like work. Hence, it is important to maintain a routine that helps your body steadily. Avoid Caffeine and alcohol and more importantly sleep at a regular time every day.
PC: Henry Aquino
Leave a comment